Opportunities provided by equipment:
- Monitoring at plot level, water and mineral stocks in soil level and biomass and flux of these elements, between the two compartments and with the atmosphere and Plio-Quarternary aquifer.
- Monitoring at stand level the components of energy balance / radiation balance, of heat and gas flux (including CO2) between vegetation and the atmosphere, of micrometeorology.
- Monitoring the growth of trees and species of the undergrowth, spontaneous or introduced, comparison of growth data and productivity of highly contrasting silvicultural modalities.
- Device allowing to carry out ex situ assessments (manipulation, cutting, measuring, drying, grinding, weighing, packaging, storage) of biomass and soil samples for partner research teams.
Examples of projects:
- Involvement in the ICOS international network of greenhouse gas exchange measurements between vegetation and atmosphere. Infrastructure / TGIR ICOS. European Project (FP7) GHG –Europe.
- Test the effect of water and mineral stress removal on comparative productivity of Eucalyptus and Maritime Pine - Proposal ANR Agrobiosphère 2013 MACCAC.
- Analyze dynamics of atmospheric nitrogen capture by legumes and of soil enrichment after their grinding.
- Checking the balance sheets of greenhouse gas emissions by comparing the flows and stock variations - ADEME REACCTIF-2, 2013 proposal.
- Carbon balance assumption of the Landes forest by modeling and atmospheric inversion- KICClimat project, Carbocount, FAST-A Aquitaine Region project.
- Data availability
Continuous data provision of forestry, biogeochemical and micrometeorological measurements.more...
- Provision of a Biomass Platform
Availability of technical support premisses for handling, cutting, measuring, drying, weighing, grinding, packaging, storing and observing forest biomass and soil samples.more...
- Provision of facilities & equipment
Availability of facilities and equipment for the complete processing of vegetation samples from different experimental devices in ecology and biogeochemistry.more...
- Hosting measuring & experimental devices on-site
Hosting measuring and experimental devices on-site (highly contrasting forestry models) to the extent of their compatibility with the existing monitoring. This includes the provision of...more...